Messy wardrobes and closets are the reasons we give half the time for being late. That’s why it’s best to have an organized wardrobe, but that also involves certain guidelines. With these guidelines, you get to have an organized, easily accessible wardrobe.
- Compartmentalize – You need to have the right kind of space for the right kind of things. That’s why it’s best to create compartments based on the clothes you have. A wardrobe need not necessarily be restricted to just shelves and hanging space but a lot more than that. Like drawers, smaller cupboards, hangers etc.
- Color coordinate – This not only makes your wardrobe look prettier but also saves your time and energy. Basically, you have to put all your blues, pink, blacks, etc. together. On certain days when you have a particular outfit in mind you’ll know where to look for it. Also, we all know how difficult it is to find the black top you want if it’s mixed with everything else at the back of your wardrobe.
- Hutch it out – A hutch is a cupboard or storage space. You could use it to separate or create a distinction in your closet from formals to in formals or casuals. Most working people will find this to be extremely convenient. Even if you are not a working person you could use it to separate maybe party wear and casual wear.
- Maximize floor space – One of the best things to do is maximize floor space. Try hanging most of the outfits that you have. In such a way, that the floor space is big and also easily accessible. What happens most of the time is that the clothes on the hanger end up reaching the floor space, try making sure this doesn’t happen.
- Provide space for everything – Wardrobes aren’t just about clothes, but wallets, bags, keys, sometimes even shoes. It’s best when you can provide space for all of them. Make sure that there are little hooks higher up, maybe on the inside of your door for keys and bags. You could have a little drawer for your wallets. If you could accommodate your shoes it would only make things easier for you.
- Material based – Sort it out based on materials. This helps if you’re a lazy person when it comes to ironing. Like for example, all the woolen wear need not be ironed so you can keep that aside. Cotton and other materials that create easily can be hung.
- Deep Drawers – Make sure you have a lot of drawers. It comes in handy when you’re a person who accessorizes a lot. It’s then better to have all your accessories in one place. This saves time, energy and a lot of confusion.
- Use complete space – Note that all the space in your wardrobe has to be utilized. This does not mean you have to over crowd it but when you organize and adjust things in the right way every bit of space can be utilized for some kind of commodity.
All of this will fall short if at the end of the day your wardrobe ends up being messy again. So make sure that whatever you take out is put back in its right place. It helps when you follow the design or pattern that you initially created.