Looking for a flat in a society apartment? Or do you want to sell you flat to a potential buyer? In either case, you need to ensure that the society has a security service implemented. Everyone today is concerned about security of their home and belongings from external thefts. Therefore, most builders and apartment owners try to get the most suitable security person from a reliable and licensed security services agency. Then, let’s find out what should you consider while hiring a security person for your society.
Features to consider while hiring a security service
- One of the basic features and a prerequisite that you should be looking at while talking to a security service agency, is to check how popular or reliable the agency is. A reputed agency would ideally be providing services to various well-known societies in your locality.
- Check with the agency if they have an approved license for providing the service. Every security service agency today must have the required authorization for providing services at society premises.
- You should always consider doing a background verification check about the particular service agency before hiring a security person. You may wish to check about their status online if the agency has a website of its own.
- Ensure that you specify all your society-related security requirements beforehand to the service representative. This will help you get a better estimate of the pricing and all the services you can avail.
- Find out if the service person you plan to hire has a good service record with the agency. It is important that the person appointed as a security professional at your society premises is himself a trustworthy individual.
- You may also check with the service agency if they have good back up and manpower in case the appointed person leaves the job. In many cases, societies are left without a professional security person unless they are tied up with a well-settled, authorized security services agency.
- You can also interview the security person to check how efficient he is in his communication skills. It is equally important to know if the individual understand the society’s decisions in enhancing security measures for additional safety of the residents.
While there can be other parameters and factors you may want to consider before hiring a security service, these check points should be in your checklist. Security services agencies are scattered everywhere these days claiming to the best service providers. Therefore, it is very essential to find a trustworthy and especially licensed agency to appoint a security service person to meet your society’s safety requirements. Most importantly, whether you are buying a house or selling your own house, you must ensure to have the security system in place and is effectively functioning to make the best property deal.